Welcome to my tea blog! Here, have a cup of tea :).

In this blog, I will be drinking a lot of tea, but I am willing to share! I also will talk about my quest to create a comtemplative tea lifestyle and slow things down so that I can enjoy my life more, and about how drinking tea brings peace to my day.

It, truly, is the pause that refreshes, and I am asking myself how I can create more of that and less of the crazy-buzy, hurry-to-get-to-the-next-thing energy that all too often adds pressure and tension to my day.


Thursday, August 12, 2010

Meditation Challenge: Day One

I feel like I am floating on a sea of relaxation after doing day one of the meditation challenge! It was great. Normally, I am not a big fan of mindfulness meditation because I am usually hoping that meditation will distract me from what I am noticing or experiencing, and create a different experience.

But this was still good! My favorite part was when I was led to meditate with my eyes open. I watched the trees blow in the wind, and really enjoyed that in a way that is sometimes challenging for me. I even noticed the shadow of the trees and I am pretty sure I have never paid attention to that before! I also watched the flame from my Cinnamon Stick candle flicker, but couldn't smell it right then.

With my eyes closed, I heard the sound of the air conditioner and felt my elbows on the arms of the chair. I realized that my knees were bothering me, just a smidge, and rubbed them a little. These are all things I almost never notice.

I confess, though, that my mind did wander, to writing this post and to the writing I have ahead. This time is time I usually spend writing and I regret a little that I have not started yet. I gulped down my tea this morning to get to the meditation, so I could then, get to my writing. I don't think that embodies the spirit of this experiment! :)

But we'll see how it goes!

At the beginning, the meditation guide asks for your intention for the 21 days. Mine is to let go of stress and tension, the kind I hardly realize is there until my back or neck or head starts to hurt. I look forward to seeing what happens.

If you're participating with me, share how it went in the comments here or, if you are blogging about it, share the link on the community page I created here.

See you tomorrow!

Jeanine

To read each day's blog post and find a link for that day's meditation, go to my Squidoo page at http://www.squidoo.com/21-day-meditation-challenge .