Welcome to my tea blog! Here, have a cup of tea :).

In this blog, I will be drinking a lot of tea, but I am willing to share! I also will talk about my quest to create a comtemplative tea lifestyle and slow things down so that I can enjoy my life more, and about how drinking tea brings peace to my day.

It, truly, is the pause that refreshes, and I am asking myself how I can create more of that and less of the crazy-buzy, hurry-to-get-to-the-next-thing energy that all too often adds pressure and tension to my day.


Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Chamomile Tea

Chamomile

"When taken internally, British researchers discovered that this sweet aromatic herb can enhance the immune system by stimulating the infection-fighting white blood cells. As such, chamomile tea may be helpful if you have a cold or the flu. It certainly does no harm to try several cups of brew!" ~~The Editors, Nutritional Supplement Education Centre

Other Great Benefits

(1) Stress and Anxiety: It has a very tranquilizing effect and is a good way to calm down.

(2) Digestive Problems: Chamomile tea has been shown to help with heartburn, indigestion, irritable bowel syndrome, morning sickness and other stomach upsets.

(3) Miscellaneous: It can help with tension headaches, allergies and menstrual cramps.

"By steeping one heaping teaspoonful of either herb in one cup of boiling water for five to 10 minutes and drinking the tea one to three times a day the allergy sufferer can reduce their symptoms."~~Joy Borthwick, Herbal Medicine at Suite101.com

"Drinking chamomile tea is one of the easiest ways to tackle migraines, and should be consumed as soon as one notices migraine symptoms in order to avoid severe headaches." ~~Buzzle.com

(4) Children: Because it is so gentle, it is safe for use with children.