Welcome to my tea blog! Here, have a cup of tea :).

In this blog, I will be drinking a lot of tea, but I am willing to share! I also will talk about my quest to create a comtemplative tea lifestyle and slow things down so that I can enjoy my life more, and about how drinking tea brings peace to my day.

It, truly, is the pause that refreshes, and I am asking myself how I can create more of that and less of the crazy-buzy, hurry-to-get-to-the-next-thing energy that all too often adds pressure and tension to my day.


Wednesday, May 19, 2010

How to Brew a "Proper" Pot of Tea




Here's How:

(1) Fill a tea pot with tap water to warm it up prior to adding tea leaves and boiling water.

(2) Fill tea kettle with fresh, cold, non-distilled water.

(3) Place kettle on stove and bring to boil.

(4) Just before kettle begins to boil, pour water from tea pot and add one teaspoon tea leaves per cup to pot, plus an additional teaspoon for the pot.

(5) Remove kettle from heat right after it comes to a boil and pour 6 ounces per cup into tea pot.

(6) Let tea steep 3 - 7 minutes depending on desired strength.

(7) While tea steeps, ask a friend to "do the honors" by serving the tea to your other guests.

(8) Add cold, whole milk, or lemon to tea cups depending on preference of guests.

(9) Pour tea into cups using a strainer to catch loose leaves.