Welcome to my tea blog! Here, have a cup of tea :).

In this blog, I will be drinking a lot of tea, but I am willing to share! I also will talk about my quest to create a comtemplative tea lifestyle and slow things down so that I can enjoy my life more, and about how drinking tea brings peace to my day.

It, truly, is the pause that refreshes, and I am asking myself how I can create more of that and less of the crazy-buzy, hurry-to-get-to-the-next-thing energy that all too often adds pressure and tension to my day.


Tuesday, July 20, 2010

One-Minute Happiness Boost

As I sip my wonderful cup of strawberry lemonade tea (yum!), I am happy to announce that inhaling the aroma of your tea bags will make you happy. Now, I am a spiritual aromatherapist, so I know how powerful scent can be, but hadn't really thought about tea bags.

And it only takes seconds to start working! Grab a jasmine tea bag you haven't yet used, or lemon,  or peppermint, and in about ten seconds, you will be feeling happier, according to Woman's World magazine. It will also increase your energy.



From the aromatherapy side of things, I know that lemon and peppermint oil also increase alertness, so you may get that as a side benefit.

But I confess that those particular tea tastes are not my favorites, so if you give it a try, come back and tell us how you felt!

Have a great week!

Jeanine