Welcome to my tea blog! Here, have a cup of tea :).

In this blog, I will be drinking a lot of tea, but I am willing to share! I also will talk about my quest to create a comtemplative tea lifestyle and slow things down so that I can enjoy my life more, and about how drinking tea brings peace to my day.

It, truly, is the pause that refreshes, and I am asking myself how I can create more of that and less of the crazy-buzy, hurry-to-get-to-the-next-thing energy that all too often adds pressure and tension to my day.


Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Summer of Iced Tea Will Boost Immunity

In this week's Woman's World magazine, in an article about how to make this a healthy summer for you and your family, there was a section about using tea to avoid summer colds, especially if you are planning a trip. They suggested that you beef up antioxidants by loading up on iced tea for at least two weeks prior to your trip (or you can do it all summer long for better health, in general).
"Start sipping two tall glasses (about 20 oz.) of iced tea daily two week before your trip and Harvard research shows you'll produce up to five times more infection-fighting interferons -- proteins that destroy any cold viruses and other nasty bugs (bacteria, fungi, parasites) that you may be exposed to." ~~Woman's World.