Welcome to my tea blog! Here, have a cup of tea :).

In this blog, I will be drinking a lot of tea, but I am willing to share! I also will talk about my quest to create a comtemplative tea lifestyle and slow things down so that I can enjoy my life more, and about how drinking tea brings peace to my day.

It, truly, is the pause that refreshes, and I am asking myself how I can create more of that and less of the crazy-buzy, hurry-to-get-to-the-next-thing energy that all too often adds pressure and tension to my day.


Wednesday, July 7, 2010

What is Your "Why"? Why Did You Start Your Business?

Show Us Your Business Wednesday

Great question! And I think I have more than one answer...

(1) I am a "crunchy granola" kind of mom: attachment parenting, homeschooling, natural and organic food, etc. So my biggest reason for working from home is to be able to spend the day with my family. I don't have to wait for my son to come home from school, he already is home. Working from home allows me to homeschool him.

(2) Another "why" is my own desire to have complete time freedom. To sleep when I want, work late when I want, work in my nightgown and robe with rollers in my hair and slipper socks on my feet. That is why I work from home, in general.

Choosing a direct sales business like Tealightful Treasures fits in to my desire for time freedom because I want to create passive income so that I can retire at some point and still have money coming in.

(3) "Why" tea? Because I love tea! I love the taste of really good quality tea and I love the charm and romance of the tea lifestyle. I have afternoon tea as often as I can and it is a delightful experience. At night, after bedtime and sunset, my cup of tea takes me gently into the night, giving me a few moments of contemplative relaxation.

All the stress or busyness of the day slips away and I am warmed and comforted and mellowed by my brief tea experience.