Welcome to my tea blog! Here, have a cup of tea :).

In this blog, I will be drinking a lot of tea, but I am willing to share! I also will talk about my quest to create a comtemplative tea lifestyle and slow things down so that I can enjoy my life more, and about how drinking tea brings peace to my day.

It, truly, is the pause that refreshes, and I am asking myself how I can create more of that and less of the crazy-buzy, hurry-to-get-to-the-next-thing energy that all too often adds pressure and tension to my day.


Sunday, July 11, 2010

Bloggy Moms Blog Challenge: Childhood Ambitions

June's Blog Challenge: {Childhood Ambitions} ~~Write a blog post about your childhood dreams, wishes & ambitions. What did you dream of becoming? What did you sincerely think you would do with your life? Where are you know along that road? How do you feel about where you are?

I can still remember it as if it were yesterday: me, standing in my living room, at 9, the same age my son is now, holding one of my mother's African-style artifacts, pretending it was a microphone, singing my heart out. Dancing. Swirling. Prentending I was onstage, far away from the life I was experiencing at the time.
 
I was sure I would grow up to be a singer/actress/dancer!
 
I imagined the Broadway stage, smoky nightclubs and albums filled with ballads of love. I took ballet, tap and jazz dance lessons, performed in little theater plays, wrote short stories, sang in my room and the living room and told anyone who would listen that I was a singer/actress/dancer.
 
I sang in the school choir and the church choir and even took voice lessons in high school. But I was also terribly shy!!
 
And one night, I watched a movie about Billie Holiday and became convinced that if I pursued my dream to become a star, I would wind up with a wasted life similar to hers! So the other idea that had been whispering to me, about helping people, being a therapist and writing self-help books someday began to talk to me with more volume.
 
So ... karaoke and a $50 contest win is the closest I came to that childhood dream!
 
But that second idea I had, that one blossomed and bore fruit!