Welcome to my tea blog! Here, have a cup of tea :).

In this blog, I will be drinking a lot of tea, but I am willing to share! I also will talk about my quest to create a comtemplative tea lifestyle and slow things down so that I can enjoy my life more, and about how drinking tea brings peace to my day.

It, truly, is the pause that refreshes, and I am asking myself how I can create more of that and less of the crazy-buzy, hurry-to-get-to-the-next-thing energy that all too often adds pressure and tension to my day.


Friday, July 30, 2010

All-Natural Stress-Relievers: Passionflower Tea

More good news from Woman’s World: passionflower extract also is calming because it increases the amount of a brain chemical called gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA).


“Recent research shows this herb is as effective as prescription anti-anxiety medications. However, it may take up to four weeks to kick in.”—Woman’s World magazine

In the last post, we noted that chamomile helps relieve anxiety, so my recommendation is to do both. Drink chamomile and take or use passionflower extract so that while you’re waiting for one to work, you have immediate benefit from the other.

Here is a recipe for a blend of both…


Calming Tea

Ingredients

4 cups water

3 tsp linden flowers

3 tsp chamomile

3 tsp passionflower

3 tsp orange zest

½ tsp stevia (this is a sweetener, you could use sugar or honey as well)

Directions

Bring the water to a boil, then remove it from the heat. Add the herbs, and allow them to steep for 10-15 minutes.

Bella Online