Welcome to my tea blog! Here, have a cup of tea :).

In this blog, I will be drinking a lot of tea, but I am willing to share! I also will talk about my quest to create a comtemplative tea lifestyle and slow things down so that I can enjoy my life more, and about how drinking tea brings peace to my day.

It, truly, is the pause that refreshes, and I am asking myself how I can create more of that and less of the crazy-buzy, hurry-to-get-to-the-next-thing energy that all too often adds pressure and tension to my day.


Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Dr. Andrew Weil on Life with Tea

Dr. Andrew Weil...

"In the 1970s and 80s, I became concerned about widespread coffee addiction in America. Many of my patients had longstanding disorders -- such as chronic stress, insomnia or gastrointestinal conditions -- and had been to dozens of doctors, taken many medications, but found no relief. I was nearly always the only doctor who 1) asked them if they drank coffee, and 2) told them in no uncertain terms to stop drinking it for at least two months to see if the problem resolved.

This simple counsel was amazingly successful. My files are full of accounts of chronic health problems that resolved completely when people stopped drinking coffee. In many cases, these patients became tea drinkers, and found the experience satisfying and healthful.

For what I drink now, and why, please read 'My Life with Tea, Part Two.' In the meantime, I'd like to read your personal tea story -- when did you begin to drink tea, and how have your consumption habits changed through the years?"

A Life with Tea

What's Your Tea Story?

Share your story in the comment section...