Welcome to my tea blog! Here, have a cup of tea :).

In this blog, I will be drinking a lot of tea, but I am willing to share! I also will talk about my quest to create a comtemplative tea lifestyle and slow things down so that I can enjoy my life more, and about how drinking tea brings peace to my day.

It, truly, is the pause that refreshes, and I am asking myself how I can create more of that and less of the crazy-buzy, hurry-to-get-to-the-next-thing energy that all too often adds pressure and tension to my day.


Thursday, August 26, 2010

Three Important Questions to Meditate on Today: Meditation Challenge ~ Day 15

Three Questions

Before today's meditation, the meditation guide mentions three questions that we can ask ourselves and suggests that our meditation practice will help provide the answers. We are reminded that we were given the first question yesterday as a mantra: who am I? And we were promised that each time we meditate, our awareness and understanding of who we are will expand.

What comes to mind as you ponder that question?


Awakening

Just before meditating today, I saw and heard one lone goose, which reminded me of the Native American supposition, based on what goose means in Native American spirituality, that the childhood stories that were your favorites often hold clues to your life themes and your life quest.

I spent a week or so blogging about that question here.

What was your favorite childhood story?

Sleeping Beauty was one of mine, and as I sat here, trying to wake up, part of me longing to go back to bed, I was reminded of how many different times in my life and in how many different ways awakening has been a theme for me. Even in as basic a way as my struggle to get going in the mornings.

The Other Questions

The other two questions seem just as deep as the first, all-important one...

What do I want?



What is my dharma – what is my purpose?
 
My favorite stories offer clues to the answers to those questions, too, although my deepest clarity has come from having my hands read.
 
My Meditation Experience Today
 
I wondered how it would go when I still felt so groggy. But it was wonderful!! Not as usual, it was even more wonderful than that, I think, because it was longer. We meditated for ten minutes this time!
 
After we were done, I felt so good, I think I might do it again tonight!
 
Where to Find It
 
If you haven't meditated yet today, here's the link. If you did try it, I would love to know how it went for you. Did you experience any revelations? And how is your experience going, in general, during this challenge?
 
I sometimes wonder if I am talking to myself about this challenge, but occasionally, I hear from someone who is doing it with me, has tried it or intends to do so. Yay! :)
 
See you tomorrow! (Don't forget your list ~ see the Chopra Center link for explanation)
 
Jeanine

To read each day's blog post and find a link for that day's meditation, go to my Squidoo page at http://www.squidoo.com/21-day-meditation-challenge  .