Welcome to my tea blog! Here, have a cup of tea :).

In this blog, I will be drinking a lot of tea, but I am willing to share! I also will talk about my quest to create a comtemplative tea lifestyle and slow things down so that I can enjoy my life more, and about how drinking tea brings peace to my day.

It, truly, is the pause that refreshes, and I am asking myself how I can create more of that and less of the crazy-buzy, hurry-to-get-to-the-next-thing energy that all too often adds pressure and tension to my day.


Saturday, August 14, 2010

Meditation Challenge: Day Three

"Every thought has a beginning, a middle, and an end. When you meditate, you will notice that there is a space between the end of one thought and the beginning of the next. That space is known as the gap. It’s in the gap that you experience your pure, unbounded self – unconditioned, infinite, and pregnant with possibilities. And then the next thought occurs . . . and ends . . . and then the pure potentiality of that space between thoughts helps create the next thought. As you meditate on a regularly basis, your experience of the silence and stillness between thoughts expands and you connect more deeply to the YOU that exists beyond your thoughts, stories, and personality. "~~Chopra Center

In the message today, we are encouraged not to worry about the thoughts that pop into our heads as we meditate. That's normal and okay.

I didn't get to this meditation until my day was almost half over! I had a conference call soon after I got up this morning and then, errands to run, stuff to do.


But the good thing about that is that I was aware of being tense when I started and felt grateful that I was about to meditate.

So what did you think about during the meditation?

I thought about the strawberry tallcake Ruby Tuesday used to make and when I did, I could taste it. I also thought about pizza and at times, wondered when he would stop talking and get to the meditation.

But he did and it allowed me to release all my tension!

See you tomorrow!

Jeanine

To read each day's blog post and find a link for that day's meditation, go to my Squidoo page at http://www.squidoo.com/21-day-meditation-challenge  .