Welcome to my tea blog! Here, have a cup of tea :).

In this blog, I will be drinking a lot of tea, but I am willing to share! I also will talk about my quest to create a comtemplative tea lifestyle and slow things down so that I can enjoy my life more, and about how drinking tea brings peace to my day.

It, truly, is the pause that refreshes, and I am asking myself how I can create more of that and less of the crazy-buzy, hurry-to-get-to-the-next-thing energy that all too often adds pressure and tension to my day.


Friday, August 13, 2010

Day Two: Meditation Challenge

"If you find yourself getting caught up in a feeling or a thought, ask yourself, 'Who is the one who is experiencing this thought . . . who is the one having this feeling?' This question will immediately shift your awareness to what, in many Eastern traditions, is referred to as the 'silent witness' or 'witness consciousness.' The goal of these first few sessions is simply to get comfortable with experiences that can happen when you meditate, including thoughts, feelings, sounds, and physical sensations." ~~Chopra Center

Before I do the meditation, I have been reading their little pep talk. And I liked what they said today. They congratulated us on coming back for day two, saying that many people stop after the first try when they are trying to make a change.

So you and I have done well to stick with it! *pats self on back*

I had intended to do the meditation again last night, but when the time came, didn't really want to do it. However, I did have a few moments of stillness while drinking my chamomile tea, and then, again, while watching the sunset.

I did not like the music for today's meditation, and that distracted me a little bit. And my mind wandered again to this post and to the writing I have to do next. But what worked was coming back to "I'm breathing in" and "I'm breathing out." And when it was time to open my eyes at the end, I didn't really want to, which is a way I can tell that I really relaxed pretty deeply!

So I conclude that it went well, I'm glad I did it and I look forward to tomorrow's meditation.

How did it go for you?

See you tomorrow!

Jeanine

To read each day's blog post and find a link for that day's meditation, go to my Squidoo page at http://www.squidoo.com/21-day-meditation-challenge  .