Welcome to my tea blog! Here, have a cup of tea :).

In this blog, I will be drinking a lot of tea, but I am willing to share! I also will talk about my quest to create a comtemplative tea lifestyle and slow things down so that I can enjoy my life more, and about how drinking tea brings peace to my day.

It, truly, is the pause that refreshes, and I am asking myself how I can create more of that and less of the crazy-buzy, hurry-to-get-to-the-next-thing energy that all too often adds pressure and tension to my day.


Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Seven Reasons I'm Glad I Am Taking the Meditation Challenge (Day 13)

Seven Reasons...

When I started this process, I had no idea what to expect! But I knew I wanted to create a meditation practice and was game to give it a try. It has rewarded me, already, much more than I could imagine!

Here's why...

(1) I look forward to getting up in the morning now because I know I don’t have to jump right into my day. I get to start the day with a cup of tea and meditation.

(2) It seems like I am sleeping better at night. I am falling asleep more quickly and waking up more easily, too.

(3) I am deeply relaxed now as I start my day and I feel calmer throughout the day. I have noticed that I am not as reactive when something goes wrong.

(4) I already like my life better! I don’t feel so rushed and I’ve been doing things like watch the sunset and sit for a while and read after my son goes to bed, instead if immediately getting back to work.

(5) I feel more spiritually connected than I did before the challenge. I can tell when I’m doing the meditations that the sense of connection has deepened.

(6) Before the challenge came along, I had been wanting to slow down, create more time to relax and incorporate drinking tea into those moments throughout the day. This challenge gave me the perfect opportunity and structure make those changes.

(7) After the first few days, my nine-year-old son decided he wanted to do the meditations with me and has joined me every day since then. He seems calmer, too!

Chopra Center Quote for the Day...

"You are never stuck. You are never trapped. You always have an opportunity to make a shift . . . . surrender to your unconditioned self . . . awaken to your infinite possibilities in each moment. And it is in that surrender – in that trust – that the universe will work out the details so you can let go of past control issues, past judgments, and past conditioned responses."

Where to Find It

If you haven't done the meditation yet for today, it is here. And you can add the link for your blog post here.

See you tomorrow!

Jeanine

To read each day's blog post and find a link for that day's meditation, go to my Squidoo page at http://www.squidoo.com/21-day-meditation-challenge .