Welcome to my tea blog! Here, have a cup of tea :).

In this blog, I will be drinking a lot of tea, but I am willing to share! I also will talk about my quest to create a comtemplative tea lifestyle and slow things down so that I can enjoy my life more, and about how drinking tea brings peace to my day.

It, truly, is the pause that refreshes, and I am asking myself how I can create more of that and less of the crazy-buzy, hurry-to-get-to-the-next-thing energy that all too often adds pressure and tension to my day.


Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What Do I Want to Create? What Does Slowing Down Mean for Me?



Tea and Contemplation

As you already know, I am in the process of slowing things down. I have been practicing meditation and am trying to create a morning tea ritual around it. I also want to make room for afternoon tea and a more contemplative lifestyle, in general.

But practically speaking, what is that going to mean for me? That’s what I’m asking myself right now.

Balance Between Work and Play

Well, one thing I think it will mean is that I have got to create more balance between building up my business and planning for time for myself and family. I’ve been neglecting that balance.

What I Want to Create

I miss having time to read, and time to sit on the couch in the afternoon and look out the window. And then, once it cools off a bit, I can even take time to sit on the balcony.

What I know, so far, is that I want to start my day with tea and meditation, move through our homeschooling day without rushing or pressure, and carve out at least an hour in the afternoon for tea and reading.

Then, I can get back to work for a couple of hours. And after that, I want to stop. I would like to be done with working in front of the TV after my son goes to bed.

Instead, I want to relax, have a cup of tea and read during the commercials. I’m not sure yet how to make it all work but I want to try.

And that’s what I know, so far!

See you tomorrow!

Jeanine

To read each day's blog post and find a link for that day's meditation, go to my Squidoo page at http://www.squidoo.com/21-day-meditation-challenge .