Welcome to my tea blog! Here, have a cup of tea :).

In this blog, I will be drinking a lot of tea, but I am willing to share! I also will talk about my quest to create a comtemplative tea lifestyle and slow things down so that I can enjoy my life more, and about how drinking tea brings peace to my day.

It, truly, is the pause that refreshes, and I am asking myself how I can create more of that and less of the crazy-buzy, hurry-to-get-to-the-next-thing energy that all too often adds pressure and tension to my day.


Sunday, August 15, 2010

Meditation Challenge: Day Four ~~ Manifestation

"The purpose of using a mantra is similar to using our breath. In mantra meditation, we drift back to the mantra whenever we notice that our attention has drifted to thought, sound, or physical sensation. We gently drift back to the mantra and continue repeating it. Typically, mantras are used not for whatever meaning they may have but for their vibrational quality. Just like the ring of a chime or the gong of a church bell, we don’t give meaning to these sounds . . . they are meaningless vibrations. By keeping our attention on a vibration or sound that has no meaning, we disconnect from all the things in our life to which we have given meaning – every thought, every sound, every physical sensation."~~Chopra Center

Mantra Manifestation Meditation

Today's focus was on repeating a mantra connected to manifestation and beginning with an intention of something we would like to manifest. Love that focus!

I didn't know there were manifestation mantras. Cool!

My Meditation Experience

It's raining here, today, so I had the backdrop of gentle sounds of rain as I did the meditation. I also did some reiki this morning, which felt wonderful, so I was relaxed before I even began.

Though I didn't like all the intro talking he does, I can see how some of the explanation is helpful, even necessary.

And I enjoyed the meditation. Just as he predicted, I did forget the mantra and started thinking about work. So When he gave the cue to end the mantra part, I kept going for another minute or so.

Where to Find It

If you haven't done today's meditation yet, you can find it here. And if you are blogging about your experience with the daily meditations, please add your link here. Or leave a comment. I would love to know what the experience has been like for you.

Have a great Sunday!

See you tomorrow!

Jeanine

To read each day's blog post and find a link for that day's meditation, go to my Squidoo page at http://www.squidoo.com/21-day-meditation-challenge .