Welcome to my tea blog! Here, have a cup of tea :).

In this blog, I will be drinking a lot of tea, but I am willing to share! I also will talk about my quest to create a comtemplative tea lifestyle and slow things down so that I can enjoy my life more, and about how drinking tea brings peace to my day.

It, truly, is the pause that refreshes, and I am asking myself how I can create more of that and less of the crazy-buzy, hurry-to-get-to-the-next-thing energy that all too often adds pressure and tension to my day.


Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Meditation Challenge: Day Six ~ Create a Morning Meditation Ritual

Creating a Ritual

One of the first things David asks in today's post is whether or not you woke up this morning. He says if we are not sure we did, we should go back to bed. That's striking because I got up earlier than usual this morning and I still don't completely feel like I "woke up." Can't go back to bed, though, I have distant healing clients this afternoon.

"Most people perform the same behaviors in the same way in the same order year after year after year. And it was from this foundation that I developed a meditation ritual that has allowed me to NEVER miss a morning meditation. The technique is pretty simple and it relies on the fact that we rise each morning."~~Chopra Center

Right After the Bathroom

What he suggests is that you meditate before you do most of the major things you do as a matter of course each morning. He basically is suggesting that you get up, go to the bathroom and then, sit down to meditate.

Though I like the idea of that, I am not sure I am awake enough for that to work. It might be better to pair it with a morning cup of tea, but before I eat breakfast, and start the day in other ways.

How would that work for you?

I think I might try it, starting tomorrow, so I still have lots of days to practice with this process before I have to take my show on the road, so to speak.

Want to join me? Let me know if you do!

What to Land on w/ Your Attention

During the meditation, he suggested not landing on the sad things, though they might deserve our time later.

For this meditation, we started with a body scan, checking in and then, celebrating each body part. Sweet knees, he said! :) Actually, it felt good to be thankful for everything my body does for me.

Did it for you?

And then, we briefly turned our attention to emotional concerns and after that, back to gratitude for what has gone well. It was a good meditation time. I feel very relaxed, which is a great way to begin my afternoon of working with clients!

Where to Find It

If you haven't done today's meditation yet, you can find it here. And if you are blogging about your experience with the daily meditations, please add your link here. Or leave a comment. I would love to know what the experience has been like for you.

Have a great day!

See you tomorrow!

Jeanine

To read each day's blog post and find a link for that day's meditation, go to my Squidoo page at http://www.squidoo.com/21-day-meditation-challenge .