Welcome to my tea blog! Here, have a cup of tea :).

In this blog, I will be drinking a lot of tea, but I am willing to share! I also will talk about my quest to create a comtemplative tea lifestyle and slow things down so that I can enjoy my life more, and about how drinking tea brings peace to my day.

It, truly, is the pause that refreshes, and I am asking myself how I can create more of that and less of the crazy-buzy, hurry-to-get-to-the-next-thing energy that all too often adds pressure and tension to my day.


Saturday, August 28, 2010

Meditation Challenge: Day 17 ~ Shifting into Self Referral

Your Most Authentic Self

In contrast with object referral, the experience of self-referral is when your internal reference point is your own spirit, and not the objects of your experience. Your true self is free of all those issues – it is open to feedback and immune to criticism, it has no fear because it has no desperation or constriction or lack. It is ever abundant. It is neither above nor below anyone else because it knows we are all Spirit wearing different disguises. Therefore when the world around us is swirling with chaos and confusion . . . we are the calm amidst the storm because we can come from within – a place of abundance, and pure joy, and stillness – to truly see all the external aspects of existence but not be dependent upon them working out a certain way.

Instead of External Happiness

Our encouragement today is to choose the happiness that does not depend on circumstance, that can exist despit what others think and say, no matter what's going on, even if we aren't in control.

My Meditation Experience

I waited until evening to do the meditation today, which is great for letting go of the day's stress, but I missed it earlier in the day. I had a headache by the time I did it. But boy, did it help!

The contrast between before and after is more dramatic later in the day! Great meditation.

Where to Find It

If you did not start your day with this meditation, either, you can find it here. Later is far better than never!

See you tomorrow!

Jeanine

To read each day's blog post and find a link for that day's meditation, go to my Squidoo page at http://www.squidoo.com/21-day-meditation-challenge .