Welcome to my tea blog! Here, have a cup of tea :).

In this blog, I will be drinking a lot of tea, but I am willing to share! I also will talk about my quest to create a comtemplative tea lifestyle and slow things down so that I can enjoy my life more, and about how drinking tea brings peace to my day.

It, truly, is the pause that refreshes, and I am asking myself how I can create more of that and less of the crazy-buzy, hurry-to-get-to-the-next-thing energy that all too often adds pressure and tension to my day.


Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Meditation Teleseminar: It was great!


I thoroughly enjoyed the meditation teleseminar! He led us in a brief meditation as the call began. He described the problem we all have with daily stress and explained what it does to our bodies. Then, he contrasted that with the benefit we get from meditating.

Here are some of my notes but somewhat synergized with my own thoughts about what he was saying, what he meant…

Reactive Response

The most pervasive in our modern experience. This is the way we do fight-or-flight these days. We fight with our words and flee by shutting down emotionally. This reaction is a primitive one to perceived threats to self-esteem, to the way we think of ourselves and who we are.
Same physical reactions as bear-in-the-woods: increase of cortisol and glucagon, immune system is suppressed, blood platelets gets stickier, etc.

And he asked us to imagine how many times that happens in a day, in a week. How many more times can it happen before our bodies hand us a physical bill?

So many things push our minds and our bodies out of balance. Meditation is about restful awareness. It helps us return to balance, come home to our center. It grounds us.

We always have the ability to make nurturing choices for ourselves. In 21 days, you can create a ritual. Turn good intentions into nourishing choices. And if you show up for 21 days, you will change your life!

Best Time to Meditate

At the start of your day, whenever that is, so that everything that comes after will benefit from your time of meditation. Everything you touch will experience stillness and silence. Then, do it again later in the day to release anything you need to let go of and bring calm to the end of your day.

Guided Meditations

It all starts tomorrow! Though 30 minutes is an optimal amount of time, the guided meditations will be much shorter. Five minutes or less.

To sign up, go to http://www.chopra.cpm/meditate