Welcome to my tea blog! Here, have a cup of tea :).

In this blog, I will be drinking a lot of tea, but I am willing to share! I also will talk about my quest to create a comtemplative tea lifestyle and slow things down so that I can enjoy my life more, and about how drinking tea brings peace to my day.

It, truly, is the pause that refreshes, and I am asking myself how I can create more of that and less of the crazy-buzy, hurry-to-get-to-the-next-thing energy that all too often adds pressure and tension to my day.


Thursday, August 19, 2010

Meditation Challenge: Day 8 ~~ Connecting w/ Nature (through video)

The Realm of the Senses

For today's meditation, we had the choice of listening to the audio or watching the ocean video...

One of the most healing behaviors we can do is to connect to nature. Whether you are tickling the soles of your feet on freshly cut grass, or gazing deep into the blackness of the heavens, or simply letting the sound of the shore’s foam gently lap at your mind as you breathe in the ocean prana, when you connect with nature, you connect to your universality. You move from your own individual, personal body to your extended body . . . and ultimately to the universal body where you are one with nature.~~Chopra Center



My Experience with the Ocean

For the past several days, my son has been meditating with me. Today, he sat next to me to watch the ocean video and was a bit fidgety, so I was a little distracted. On the other hand, I felt the loving connection between us become part of the oceanic meditation experience.

I tried it both ways: with my eyes open, at first, to watch the waves, and then, closed for a while. Both were okay, but having them closed felt like a deeper connection. My son and I each have nature sounds machines in our rooms that we keep on the ocean waves sound, so it was very familiar.

How was it for you?

Seagulls

I decided to look up seagulls in my animal medicine books to see if there might be an intuitive message there that felt right for me, today. Perhaps it will feel right for you, too...
Here's one thing I found ...

"Gulls have developed an intricate code of behavior...They use a combination of calls and gestures. Because of this, they can teach you how to read people more effectively. They can help you to understand the subtleties of communication -- what is not being ostensibly expressed. They can help you to read between the lines and understand the body language of others." ~~Animal Speak: The Spiritual & Magical Powers of Creatures Great & Small, Ted Andrews

Because they are shore birds, and the shoreline is the bridge between land and sea, they also can help you travel the bridge between the mystical/magical and the more concrete world of our everyday experience.
Where to Find It

If you haven't done the day's meditation yet, that link is here. Once you have done it, tell us how it went for you. You can add your blog link here, or leave a comment on this blog. I'd love to know how it's going for you!

See you tomorrow!

Jeanine

To read each day's blog post and find a link for that day's meditation, go to my Squidoo page at http://www.squidoo.com/21-day-meditation-challenge .