Welcome to my tea blog! Here, have a cup of tea :).

In this blog, I will be drinking a lot of tea, but I am willing to share! I also will talk about my quest to create a comtemplative tea lifestyle and slow things down so that I can enjoy my life more, and about how drinking tea brings peace to my day.

It, truly, is the pause that refreshes, and I am asking myself how I can create more of that and less of the crazy-buzy, hurry-to-get-to-the-next-thing energy that all too often adds pressure and tension to my day.


Friday, August 27, 2010

Wacky Feelings & A Native American Shaman! Meditation Challenge ~ Day 16

My Wacky Annoying Feelings

I ask in precisely that way because I have noticed a faint but lingering sadness or melancholy that sort of comes and goes.

I was wondering about it, blaming hormones and lack of sleep and whatever else came to mind. I call that sort of blame-finding mission a form of creative writing and I think we rarely land on the real reason unless we get still and quiet and then, ask. But I did it anyway.

And only in the past few days did it occur to me that it might be connected to my experiences with meditating. That it might be a form of release or clearing. Then, this morning, I woke up with a sort of vague fear that kept attaching itself to everything I did while I got ready. I was half asleep, up much earlier than usual to go to an appt., hadn't had enough sleep and wasn't paying attention.

I just kept batting away the anxiety like an annoying fly until I woke up enough to wonder what the heck was going on. I did all my healing techniques and felt better, but I could still tell that something wasn't right.

Finally, I realized that the feelings were clearing, and I was reminded of the sadness that comes and goes.

And then, today, they addressed it and explained it on the meditation page...

Accept and Be Gentle with Your Feelings

"If some of the meditations have sparked some emotion within you or have opened up something that may have been dormant – a sadness long forgotten or an unresolved issue – this is a good thing. There is dormant toxic emotional plaque that is buried in all of us. And this is a form of it FINALLY starting to release – even situations and circumstances we are positive we had closed the loop on and let go. If you are finding yourself more emotional these days . . . or less stressed out . . . or less filled with anxiety . . . congratulations! You are experiencing the first direct benefit of a meditation practice. Let’s keep it going . . . and remember: be gentle with yourself." ~~Chopra Center

Where to Find It

I was in a hurry this morning and had to wait until later to do the meditation. Then, when I got back, I had to finish up with my homeschool planning for the year. Talk about last minute -- we start next week!! But I finally finished!

And I celebrated with the meditation. Well, after I did my happy dance while singing, "I'm done! I'm done! I'm done, I'm done, I'm done!"

If you have waited, too, here's the link!

Native American Shaman

And by the way, today's meditation process is a good one. It's about continuing to explore who we want to be and what qualities we want to embody. The exploration today is about archetypes (fun)!

I have to confess, though, that I fell asleep a couple of times during it. At one point, my response to  his pormpt was to envision a Native American shaman sitting next to me, comforting and kind and peaceful. I lay my head on his shoulder in my mind, and that must have felt real because I drifted off to sleep, LOL.

See you tomorrow!

Jeanine

To read each day's blog post and find a link for that day's meditation, go to my Squidoo page at http://www.squidoo.com/21-day-meditation-challenge .