Welcome to my tea blog! Here, have a cup of tea :).

In this blog, I will be drinking a lot of tea, but I am willing to share! I also will talk about my quest to create a comtemplative tea lifestyle and slow things down so that I can enjoy my life more, and about how drinking tea brings peace to my day.

It, truly, is the pause that refreshes, and I am asking myself how I can create more of that and less of the crazy-buzy, hurry-to-get-to-the-next-thing energy that all too often adds pressure and tension to my day.


Monday, August 16, 2010

Meditation Challenge: Day Five ~ Attention & Intention: "Yum" or "Yuck"?

"Everything in life is about attention and intention. Our attention is where we direct our energy, intention is what we want to create with that directed energy. This where we realize that in every moment, there is the observer, the act of observing, and the observed. Once we place our attention on something, all three of those components – observer, act of observing, observed – come together in a sort of dance. When we meditate, these three components unify and become one – pure, unbounded spirit."~~Chopra Center

Attention and Intention

I love that he talks about intention and moving in the direction of your dreams! I also loved what he said about this journey taking us to the best parts of ourselves.

And I was struck by how easily those things he mentioned could be evaluated as good or bad, depending on the story and the meaning we gave to it. And then, he said exactly that when he talked about the pounding on the door.

How did it go for you?


Where to Find It

If you haven't listened to it yet, you can find a link to it, along with a place to leave your own thoughts by clicking here.

See you tomorrow!

Jeanine

To read each day's blog post and find a link for that day's meditation, go to my Squidoo page at http://www.squidoo.com/21-day-meditation-challenge .