Welcome to my tea blog! Here, have a cup of tea :).

In this blog, I will be drinking a lot of tea, but I am willing to share! I also will talk about my quest to create a comtemplative tea lifestyle and slow things down so that I can enjoy my life more, and about how drinking tea brings peace to my day.

It, truly, is the pause that refreshes, and I am asking myself how I can create more of that and less of the crazy-buzy, hurry-to-get-to-the-next-thing energy that all too often adds pressure and tension to my day.


Friday, July 2, 2010

Iced Tea Recipes for Your 4th of July Celebration

Sangria Style Tea Cooler Recipe

Ingredients:

4 cups light apple juice
1 black tea bag
1/2 each: lemon, lime and orange, cut into rounds
4 sprigs mint

Directions:

Bring apple juice to a boil in medium saucepan. Remove from heat; add tea bag, citrus rounds and 2 mint sprigs. Allow to steep and cool.

Remove tea bag and mint sprigs. Pour into pitcher and add fresh mint sprigs. Pour over ice to serve.

For Sangria Spritzer: Pour equal parts Sangria Style Tea Cooler and soda water over ice in tall glasses.



Almond Vanilla Iced Tea Recipe

Ingredients:

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar
1 quart strong tea (any black or green variety)

Directions:

Combine all the ingredients and pour over ice cubes in tall glasses.

Recipes are from CDKitchen.com