Welcome to my tea blog! Here, have a cup of tea :).

In this blog, I will be drinking a lot of tea, but I am willing to share! I also will talk about my quest to create a comtemplative tea lifestyle and slow things down so that I can enjoy my life more, and about how drinking tea brings peace to my day.

It, truly, is the pause that refreshes, and I am asking myself how I can create more of that and less of the crazy-buzy, hurry-to-get-to-the-next-thing energy that all too often adds pressure and tension to my day.


Sunday, May 16, 2010

Strawberry Lemonade Happiness

I decided to move out of my comfy chamomile rut and begin to experiment with other teas. And I want to combine tea with meditation. I'm reading a great book about it called Tea Here Now: Relax and Rejuvenate with a Tea Lifestyle - Rituals, Remedies, and Meditations.

So I am going to start having afternoon tea every day that I am able to create space for it. I used to do it when my son was younger, and he and I both loved it! He would wake up from his nap and I would make tea for both of us.

Well, today, I decided to try Teavana's Strawberry Lemonade tea and I am loving it! I wish I had made a whole pot.

Within a few sips, it was making me happy, which prompted me to think about how there could be happiness in little moments like this one. Sipping my tea, watching the breeze gently ruffle the trees outside my window, enjoying the warm, bright afternoon sun... life is good!