Welcome to my tea blog! Here, have a cup of tea :).

In this blog, I will be drinking a lot of tea, but I am willing to share! I also will talk about my quest to create a comtemplative tea lifestyle and slow things down so that I can enjoy my life more, and about how drinking tea brings peace to my day.

It, truly, is the pause that refreshes, and I am asking myself how I can create more of that and less of the crazy-buzy, hurry-to-get-to-the-next-thing energy that all too often adds pressure and tension to my day.


Thursday, September 2, 2010

30 Days of Tea and Meditation

Creating My Own 30-Day Challenge

I got inspired by the 30-Day Project, which does something different each month (this month, it's 30 days of learning), to consider this next little period after the challenge my own "30 days" project. At first, I was thinking 30 days of afternoon tea, because I am still struggling to get that in each day. My afternoon tea is often evening-tea-after-my-son-goes-to-bed.

But then, I decided that for this month, what is more important is my morning tea and continuing to meditate each day.





My First Day of Tea & Meditation

Speaking of continuing to meditate, I want to tell you how my first day went. About a week ago, I bought one of the meditation CDs that played in the background for some of our meditations...



So I knew I would have that playing in the background and set it aside to play right after my morning tea. By the way, it was beautiful!! Almost achingly so! I like the beginning of it even better than the part I heard during the challenge.

My son and I had talked about doing one of the meditations for children I learned during my child meditation facilitator training, but this morning, we decided to add a power animal meditation from a Cherokee meditation book I have.

During the meditation, I had two animals show up to guide me and I got some wonderful intuitive guidance!! I was so relaxed, I didn't want to open my eyes.

Join Me?

I'd love to have you along for the ride during the next 30 days!

All you have to do is find at least five munutes a day for tea and meditation. I'll even start you out with a tea sample if you go to my tea-for-one retreat kit page and give me your address. For more brief tea ritual information, check out my Squidoo page at http://www.squidoo.com/tea-and-meditation .

I am going there now to create a place where you can add your blog links if you'd like. And I will be blogging about my experiences here.

See you tomorrow!

Jeanine