Welcome to my tea blog! Here, have a cup of tea :).

In this blog, I will be drinking a lot of tea, but I am willing to share! I also will talk about my quest to create a comtemplative tea lifestyle and slow things down so that I can enjoy my life more, and about how drinking tea brings peace to my day.

It, truly, is the pause that refreshes, and I am asking myself how I can create more of that and less of the crazy-buzy, hurry-to-get-to-the-next-thing energy that all too often adds pressure and tension to my day.


Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Too Many Changes! (Can I Just Go Back to Bed?)

In this blog post, I want to continue the saga of too many changes at once!!

Here’s what I have been doing: morning tea and meditation, and whenever I can, afternoon tea. But before I was used to that change, I got inspired to make some more changes. And since the fall season is my most energetic time, I figured I better make use of the motivation before winter hibernation sets in!

More Sleep?

So I decided to start implementing some sleep changes, going to bed earlier and getting up earlier. The way I planned it, this would guarantee many, many wonderful things!


Enough sleep, enough time for both homeschooling and work, morning and afternoon tea, morning meditation, family time and that whole slowing down thing I’m trying to accomplish.

At night, instead of working, I am sitting on the couch with a Jane Austen sequel, keeping an eye on the TV and trying to read at the same time so that I won't (1) be bored and (2) worry about the work I still haven't done.

In the morning, far earlier than usual, I "yawn and stretch and try to come to life!"

But How Is It Going?

Well, I'm bored and on some nights, I have refused to play along, staying up late again and getting up later than I planned.

Any suggestions for making peace with all these changes?

I will feature your comments in an upcoming post.

And the saga continues tomorrow!

Jeanine