Welcome to my tea blog! Here, have a cup of tea :).

In this blog, I will be drinking a lot of tea, but I am willing to share! I also will talk about my quest to create a comtemplative tea lifestyle and slow things down so that I can enjoy my life more, and about how drinking tea brings peace to my day.

It, truly, is the pause that refreshes, and I am asking myself how I can create more of that and less of the crazy-buzy, hurry-to-get-to-the-next-thing energy that all too often adds pressure and tension to my day.


Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Meditating with Mantras

“Focusing on one word reaches down into the spiritual, emotional, or mental desire and pulls it up through the physical, and it gives you energy. A mantra lines up your deepest energetic intentions, which are very subtle, with your gross intentions out in the world.” –Patton Garrett Sarley, CEO of the Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health

Healing Mantras


There were some days last week when I did not feel like meditating at all. And I hardly cared what happened during the meditation, either. I just wanted to check it off my list!

So I thought I would make it easier by just planning to repeat a mantra. Then, I thought I might as well make it a healing mantra and chose affirmations I wanted to embrace.

What I found was that I felt discomfort as I repeated the things I don’t yet believe. So I altered the words to reflect where I am now.

“I intend to believe…”


“It is my goal to let go of…”

And it was very empowering to support myself in that way. So if you want to work with affirmations as mantras, make sure the statement or phrase is encouraging (be courageous) or reflects where you are now (I am becoming ready to…).

Homework

Your homework: create an affirmation mantra and try it out for five minutes or so. Let me know in the comments how it goes.

See you tomorrow!

Jeanine