Welcome to my tea blog! Here, have a cup of tea :).

In this blog, I will be drinking a lot of tea, but I am willing to share! I also will talk about my quest to create a comtemplative tea lifestyle and slow things down so that I can enjoy my life more, and about how drinking tea brings peace to my day.

It, truly, is the pause that refreshes, and I am asking myself how I can create more of that and less of the crazy-buzy, hurry-to-get-to-the-next-thing energy that all too often adds pressure and tension to my day.


Monday, September 20, 2010

And So It Goes! More Tales on the Journey to 30 Days of Tea & Meditation

As you may have noticed if you have been reading along, my tea and meditation changes have led to more changes in lifestyle! Now I am trying to change my sleep and work habits so that I actually get enough sleep and have more time for rest and family. It is a part of the whole "contemplative tea lifestyle" change I have been angling for but I hadn't expected to decide to go crazy.

And I mentioned in my last post that the first day did not go so well. It is getting easier each day in some ways, but I would not yet say that it is "easy!"

As a night owl trying now to sleep like a lark, I am running into some difficulty. For one thing, I am naturally foggy in the morning and part of the reason for that is my allergies.

The other part is that it's too blankety-blank early!! But I chose to try it because it seemed like the only way to get enough sleep and have enough time for both work and homeschooling.

Following my natural rhythms made my days and my nights too short! So I rearranged my schedule somewhat and now, have more time for tea and meditation, and for everything else. Still not enough time! But more time.

More, tomorrow, on how it has been going!

How has it been going for you? Are you participating in 30 Days of Tea and Meditation? I would love to hear about your experiences!

If you want to know about someone else who is meditating with tea, check out A Girl with Tea.

See you tomorrow!

Jeanine