Welcome to my tea blog! Here, have a cup of tea :).

In this blog, I will be drinking a lot of tea, but I am willing to share! I also will talk about my quest to create a comtemplative tea lifestyle and slow things down so that I can enjoy my life more, and about how drinking tea brings peace to my day.

It, truly, is the pause that refreshes, and I am asking myself how I can create more of that and less of the crazy-buzy, hurry-to-get-to-the-next-thing energy that all too often adds pressure and tension to my day.


Friday, June 11, 2010

Meditation for Your Tea Retreat

"Ceremonies we create for ourselves are our way of reclaiming our soul time so that we can be nourished by whatever we hold sacred." -Donna Fellman & Lhasha Tizer, Tea Here Now: Rituals, Remedies & Meditations

Start with a minute or two of deep breathing, perhaps while looking outside and contemplating nature. This could happen when the water heats up.

While the tea brews, take as much time as you have to do a brief meditation, whether that's five minutes or ten. You could create a peaceful scene or follow a guided meditation or just breathe in nature.

This contemplation could continue as you sip your tea or you might sip while writing insights in your journal.

"With each sip, we become more grounded and open to an inner knowing. The tea helps us quiet our mind, come into focus, and find a still point of concentration. We begin to notice if there is something that is longing for our attention, that we wish to come to terms with, or that we want to know more about. Is there an unanswered question nudging at us? With a cup of tea at hand, in a spacious, natural setting, there's room for all of our questions and concerns." -Donna Fellman & Lhasha Tizer, Tea Here Now: Rituals, Remedies & Meditations