Welcome to my tea blog! Here, have a cup of tea :).

In this blog, I will be drinking a lot of tea, but I am willing to share! I also will talk about my quest to create a comtemplative tea lifestyle and slow things down so that I can enjoy my life more, and about how drinking tea brings peace to my day.

It, truly, is the pause that refreshes, and I am asking myself how I can create more of that and less of the crazy-buzy, hurry-to-get-to-the-next-thing energy that all too often adds pressure and tension to my day.


Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Tea Party Themed Wedding Reception Menu

Tea Party Themed Wedding Reception Menu

I recommend a black tea to serve with scones, cucumber tea sandwiches and other sweets. Serve your scones with clotted cream and cut your sandwiches into heart shapes.

If cucumber sandwiches are not to your liking, you could serve roast beef or ham sandwiches, instead. Just be sure to add cheese, to make the sandwiches small, and to serve a strong tea with them.

Suggested Menu

black tea ~ earl grey or english breakfast
scones with clotted cream
cucumber tea sandwiches (heart-shaped)
roast beef and pear chutney sandwiches (heart-shaped)
vanilla tea-infused sponge cakes

~~menu is taken from Tea Party: 20-Themed Tea Parties with Recipes for Every Occasion, from Fabulous Showers to Intimate Occasions, by Tracy Stern