Welcome to my tea blog! Here, have a cup of tea :).

In this blog, I will be drinking a lot of tea, but I am willing to share! I also will talk about my quest to create a comtemplative tea lifestyle and slow things down so that I can enjoy my life more, and about how drinking tea brings peace to my day.

It, truly, is the pause that refreshes, and I am asking myself how I can create more of that and less of the crazy-buzy, hurry-to-get-to-the-next-thing energy that all too often adds pressure and tension to my day.


Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Perfect Cup of Tea

To make a perfect cup of tea, heat your water, and when it is almost boiling, pour your heated water into your teapot and your tea cup to warm them. Once they are warmed, you can pour the water out.

Put a carefully measured amount of loose tea into your teapot. How much you pour into it will depend on the type of tea you are using. Check your recipe.

Pour the water over the tea leaves and let it steep. Green teas will take 2-3 minutes. For oolong tea, you will need 4-6 minutes. Black teas require 4-5 minutes and herbal teas often need 5-10 minutes. It may take some experimenting to determine the exact amount of time for your tea.

Pour your tea into your teacup and enjoy it!