Welcome to my tea blog! Here, have a cup of tea :).

In this blog, I will be drinking a lot of tea, but I am willing to share! I also will talk about my quest to create a comtemplative tea lifestyle and slow things down so that I can enjoy my life more, and about how drinking tea brings peace to my day.

It, truly, is the pause that refreshes, and I am asking myself how I can create more of that and less of the crazy-buzy, hurry-to-get-to-the-next-thing energy that all too often adds pressure and tension to my day.


Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Anatomy of a Contemplative Weekend...

Taking the Weekend Off

As part of my quest to slow down, and create a contemplative lifestyle, I was determined to take the weekend off, and I succeeded!!

I slept in on Saturday and woke up full of ideas that were work-related. So I did spend about an hour writing them down so they would not be forgotten, but after that, I was done for the weekend.

I slept in each day, I meditated each day, and drank quite a bit of tea. I watched movies, I cooked, I invited a friend over for lunch on Sunday, I made a special family meal for Labor Day and had a wonderful time!

Making Time for Contemplation

What I’m most pleased about, though, are the times I spent relaxing, reflecting and not doing anything more complicated than staring out the window as the wind blew the trees around. I spent lots of time contemplating the golden glow covering the trees as the sun gently began descending.



I finished a Jane Austen novel and started a Jane Austen sequel!

Every time I was tempted to get something done, I would ask myself what would happen if I didn’t get it done. Each time, I found I could live with the consequences.

Now, I need to work on doing that every weekend!!

See you tomorrow!

Jeanine