Welcome to my tea blog! Here, have a cup of tea :).

In this blog, I will be drinking a lot of tea, but I am willing to share! I also will talk about my quest to create a comtemplative tea lifestyle and slow things down so that I can enjoy my life more, and about how drinking tea brings peace to my day.

It, truly, is the pause that refreshes, and I am asking myself how I can create more of that and less of the crazy-buzy, hurry-to-get-to-the-next-thing energy that all too often adds pressure and tension to my day.


Thursday, September 23, 2010

Of Tea and Shamanic Journeys

Today, I decided to do shamanic reiki during my meditation time, using the same music as usual, instead of the drumming that can make journeying easier, because I knew my son would have a harder time relaxing with drum sounds. My son, incidently, was the reason for the journey. I had been concerned about him for the past day or so, and felt like I was getting some intuitive impressions that he needed my help with healing something.

Tea First

Because journeying calls for an even deeper level of relaxation than guided meditation, I decided to drink more chamomile tea beforehand and to wait a little while after that before doing the shamanic meditation.

Crystals

I also have been using crystals lately as I meditate and for this journey, I decided to hold them for a while before beginning the journey. I don’t know if this is a problem for others but my mind doesn’t just wander, it jumps around like a whirling dervish and sometimes, does a little creative writing when it is supposed to be quiet and receptive.

Does that ever happen to you?

So I knew, already, that holding a rose quartz crystal in one hand and an amethyst crystal in the other is amazingly soothing and deeply relaxing. I have used them before when I am stressed out or irritated by something my little darling son has said or done. I also have used them for guided meditation in the past when I wanted to do a spirit guide meditation and wanted to make sure I was relaxed enough to hear or see clearly.

Well, it occurred to me about a week and a half ago that I had forgotten about them and their use for meditation and I immediately began using them again. Isn’t it weird how you can forget something like that and then have it suddenly pop back into your head?

Anyway, once I knew I was plenty relaxed, I decided to load the deck by adding one more thing: a hypnotic induction technique I have been throwing into the pot from time to time.

And then, I did a 20-minute journey, which I will tell you about in tomorrow’s post.

Announcing: Homework

Thought I'd change things up a bit and start making homework suggestions.

If you aren't already participating in my 30 Days of Tea and Meditation challenge, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is either (1) to have a cup of tea and take a few minutes to savor it and let go of today's stress ~~ maybe a soothing cup of chamomile tea while you observe the full moon? Or (2) to take five minutes to meditate tonight (while staring at the moon?) and either way, let me know how it goes.

If you are participating in the challenge, grab your journal and leave it open beside you as you meditate. After today's meditation, jot down anything that seemed significant about your meditation experience.

Any subtle invitations, gentle nudges, creative solutions or other kinds of intuitive guidance? Write it down. And I would love it if you would share it here, too! (I adore comments).

See you tomorrow!

Jeanine