Welcome to my tea blog! Here, have a cup of tea :).

In this blog, I will be drinking a lot of tea, but I am willing to share! I also will talk about my quest to create a comtemplative tea lifestyle and slow things down so that I can enjoy my life more, and about how drinking tea brings peace to my day.

It, truly, is the pause that refreshes, and I am asking myself how I can create more of that and less of the crazy-buzy, hurry-to-get-to-the-next-thing energy that all too often adds pressure and tension to my day.


Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Celebration and Gratitude: Day 21 of the Meditation Challenge

Celebrating the Creation of a Tea Ritual

"Here we are at Day 21. If you started on the first day and are at this point, I have only one word for you: Celebrate!!! You have strung together everything it takes to have a daily practice and now all you have to do is choose it each day. We suggest 30 minutes twice each day . . . once in the morning and once in the afternoon or evening – you choose." ~~Chopra Center

Celebrating the accomplishment of being here for all 21 days of this challenge -- that was today's theme. And I truly excited to have done it each day and to have grown so fond of this new practice.

Though I had meditated in the past and even had tried to do so daily, it was always haphazard. And usually unplanned. Now, I will make it a part of my morning and hopefully, my evening, tea ritual.

Gratitude

Gratitude was another theme of today's meditation experience. Though we began with the familiar questions, who am I?, what do I really really want?, and how can I best serve or what is my purpose?, we soon moved to asking ourselves what am I grateful for? and I was reminded of how grateful I am that this meditation challenge came along when it did, just at the right time!

Next, I have to figure out how to do it on my own. I bought one of the music tapes that was sometimes playing in the background and probably will start by creating meditations for my son and myself. Brief ones.

But in the evening, I may listen to some of the guided ones you can find on YouTube. I have one of them on my Squidoo lens and may add more.

Where to Find It

How did today's meditation go for you?

If you haven't listened to it yet, you can find it right here.

See you tomorrow!

Jeanine

To find each of the meditations in one place and leave your blog post links, go to my Squidoo page at http://www.squidoo.com/21-day-meditation-challenge. You also can find links to all of my blog posts about the challenge here.