Welcome to my tea blog! Here, have a cup of tea :).

In this blog, I will be drinking a lot of tea, but I am willing to share! I also will talk about my quest to create a comtemplative tea lifestyle and slow things down so that I can enjoy my life more, and about how drinking tea brings peace to my day.

It, truly, is the pause that refreshes, and I am asking myself how I can create more of that and less of the crazy-buzy, hurry-to-get-to-the-next-thing energy that all too often adds pressure and tension to my day.


Friday, September 17, 2010

More Time for Tea

As you know, I am doing all I can to create a slower, contemplative tea lifestyle, and for the past few days, have tried changing my schedule a bit to see if that would give me more work time without losing the slower feeling I am trying to create. My hope was that it would give me more time to play with so that there was less rush and less loss.

So far, it seems to be working!

First Day

But the first day did not start off as well as I had hoped. Though I went to bed much earlier than usual, it was about an hour later than planned. So, I was still tired when it was time to get up. And I was a bit foggy so at first, it seemed like I was moving through molasses.

Because of that, I started working a couple of hours later than I had planned and only had an hour or so before I needed to get into the meat of our homeschooling day.

Tea and Meditation

On the other hand, the morning tea ritual was wonderful!! I loved the whole tea and meditation experience
and my son enjoyed it, too. We had a slow morning and a good one!

Next week, I'll tell you more about how those first few days went.

See you Monday!

Jeanine