Welcome to my tea blog! Here, have a cup of tea :).

In this blog, I will be drinking a lot of tea, but I am willing to share! I also will talk about my quest to create a comtemplative tea lifestyle and slow things down so that I can enjoy my life more, and about how drinking tea brings peace to my day.

It, truly, is the pause that refreshes, and I am asking myself how I can create more of that and less of the crazy-buzy, hurry-to-get-to-the-next-thing energy that all too often adds pressure and tension to my day.


Thursday, September 30, 2010

When the Going Gets Tough, Go Deeper

Meditate Deeper


What I mean by that is that when you just aren’t feeling the love for your meditation practice, your tea or other relaxation methods may seem to fall short. In times like those, reach for an deeper relaxation so that at least you get something out of it.

When I didn’t do that, I sometimes found that I felt as cranky after the meditation as I did before. So if you start with tea and that doesn’t calm you, go deep.





Countdown to Meditation Bliss

Your homework for today…

Here’s one technique for creating a deeper induction as you meditate. Countdown from ten to one, slowly. You can picture the numbers in your mind, or imagine being in an elevator and watch the numbers light up as you go from tenth floor to the ground level. Or you can imagine walking down ten flights of stairs.

If you try it, let me know how it goes.

See you tomorrow!

Jeanine