Welcome to my tea blog! Here, have a cup of tea :).

In this blog, I will be drinking a lot of tea, but I am willing to share! I also will talk about my quest to create a comtemplative tea lifestyle and slow things down so that I can enjoy my life more, and about how drinking tea brings peace to my day.

It, truly, is the pause that refreshes, and I am asking myself how I can create more of that and less of the crazy-buzy, hurry-to-get-to-the-next-thing energy that all too often adds pressure and tension to my day.


Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Spirit Guide Meditations

Movie Theater Surprise

You know how after you have seen a movie, you "come out of it" slowly and maybe even move a bit sluggishly toward the doors, not fully back yet from the world you just inhabited? And when the doors are opened, and you look outside at bright sunlight or the brightly lit parking lot, it's a bit of a surprise to see your ordinary reality again?

That is how I feel after a really good meditation experience!

I open my eyes and am surprised to be in my home, seeing my furniture and windows. Even if I was imagining myself at home during the meditation, it feels different to see it all for real.

Not All Meditations Are the Same

Well, I have noticed that that does not happen every time I meditate. Sometimes, I relax but don't lose any awareness of where I am.  Sometimes, it feels like a struggle even to relax!

Although I notice that if I drink my cup of chamomile tea slowly and give it time to relax me even before I start the meditation, that helps! Sometimes I have sort of gulped it down because I wanted to hurry and get to the meditation. That does not work so well.

What seems to work best for me is some form of induction or progressive deepening of my experience followed by some kind of guided imagery. And the deepest experience happens when I do spirit guide journeys.

What works best for you?

Seems to be I need at least 10-15 minutes but the best ones are more like 15-20 minutes long. So I think I will intend to spend at least that much time each day and see what happens.

That's what I did today and it was wonderful! After it was over, I decided to really come back slowly by adding reiki. I still feel the effects of it as I write this post.

See you tomorrow!

Jeanine