Welcome to my tea blog! Here, have a cup of tea :).

In this blog, I will be drinking a lot of tea, but I am willing to share! I also will talk about my quest to create a comtemplative tea lifestyle and slow things down so that I can enjoy my life more, and about how drinking tea brings peace to my day.

It, truly, is the pause that refreshes, and I am asking myself how I can create more of that and less of the crazy-buzy, hurry-to-get-to-the-next-thing energy that all too often adds pressure and tension to my day.


Friday, September 3, 2010

Chopra Center Bonus Meditation! (a gift for day two of my meditation quest)


An Email Surprise

I was delighted to receive an unexpected email from the Chopra Center last night offering all sorts of resources for those of us who might be feeling bereft at the end of the three weeks of meditating with 20,000 others.

"You didn't think we'd just go away after 21 days, did you? We're going through the same withdrawal you are." ~~Chopra Center

They created a meditation for "day 22" and offered a library of guided meditation podcasts available for download. In the email, there also were links for purchasing guided meditation CDs and registering for other things they've got going.

Chopra Center Offerings...

"What else do you desire in your life and what's your next step to move closer to it? If you continue to meditate, your life will continue to blossom and bloom. Are you ready for that?" ~~Chopra Center

"Setting Your Intentions" meditation

Guided meditation podcasts
Guided meditation CDs
Retreat in Sedona

30 Days of Tea & Meditation

"If there's nothing out there, is there anything in here?" ~~Davidji, Chopra Center

There were a few new mantras and a focus on the heart during this meditation and it felt significantly longer than the ones we did for the challenge. I listened to it last night and it was a great way to let go of tension.

Though not directed to do so, there were moments when I felt entirely connected to myself and fully aware of my strength. It felt really good!

But since it was so long, I decided not to do it for today's morning meditation because I didn't think my son would be able to focus for that long a period of time. He asks me each time how long I think it will take :).

Instead, we listened to that meditation music CD I bought and did our own thing. Great day 2 experience!

See you tomorrow!

Jeanine