Welcome to my tea blog! Here, have a cup of tea :).

In this blog, I will be drinking a lot of tea, but I am willing to share! I also will talk about my quest to create a comtemplative tea lifestyle and slow things down so that I can enjoy my life more, and about how drinking tea brings peace to my day.

It, truly, is the pause that refreshes, and I am asking myself how I can create more of that and less of the crazy-buzy, hurry-to-get-to-the-next-thing energy that all too often adds pressure and tension to my day.


Friday, September 10, 2010

Creating Contemplative Weekends & Weekdays

Weekends Off

I had such a great weekend this past weekend that I decided to try to do it every weekend from now on, to take the weekends off and to try not to schedule so much work-related stuff that I find myself working in spite of the plan.

When you work at home, there is no easy demarcation between work time and time off. You have to create that yourself and I have not been so good at stopping!

Guidance During Meditation

So I decided to get some help during meditation. As I drank my tea and then, later during the meditation, I tried to picture myself having an ideal weekend and an ideal workday. I actually asked for guidance during the meditation: "show me an ideal weekend...", etc.

What I saw first was me sleeping!! I know I need more sleep than I have been getting and part of what was so wonderful about this past weekend was sleeping in each morning.

I also saw myself reading, watching movies, hanging out with my family, etc. What I did not see was the computer!

Same thing for weekdays. At night, I saw myself watching TV and reading. And laughing!

How are these 30 days of tea and meditation going for you?

See you tomorrow!

Jeanine