Welcome to my tea blog! Here, have a cup of tea :).

In this blog, I will be drinking a lot of tea, but I am willing to share! I also will talk about my quest to create a comtemplative tea lifestyle and slow things down so that I can enjoy my life more, and about how drinking tea brings peace to my day.

It, truly, is the pause that refreshes, and I am asking myself how I can create more of that and less of the crazy-buzy, hurry-to-get-to-the-next-thing energy that all too often adds pressure and tension to my day.


Monday, September 27, 2010

What I Know for Sure after a Week of Struggling w/ Tea & Meditation

Experience Leads to Wisdom


I spent last week sharing some of the struggles I have been having as I try to make all these “contemplative tea lifestyle” changes. What I would like to share this week is what I am learning as I persist. Here’s one thing I am learning to do…

Embracing Imperfection

Or at least, allow it. Then, try for actual acceptance. After a while, you might find you can embrace it. I’m not sure I am there yet when it comes to meditation. I still feel disappointed when it doesn’t go the way I want. But I’m getting there. The more I encouraged myself to let go of the demand for perfection last week, the better I felt about my days as they ended.

Your homework: pick something imperfect in your world today and make a decision to allow it. That’s it! If you decide to reach for acceptance or to try embracing it, that’s extra credit! :)

See you tomorrow!

Jeanine