Welcome to my tea blog! Here, have a cup of tea :).

In this blog, I will be drinking a lot of tea, but I am willing to share! I also will talk about my quest to create a comtemplative tea lifestyle and slow things down so that I can enjoy my life more, and about how drinking tea brings peace to my day.

It, truly, is the pause that refreshes, and I am asking myself how I can create more of that and less of the crazy-buzy, hurry-to-get-to-the-next-thing energy that all too often adds pressure and tension to my day.


Friday, September 24, 2010

A Sea-Infused Shamanic Journey

Preparing for the Journey

In yesterday’s post, I shared my intention to do a shamanic journey motivated by concern about my son’s need for healing beyond the normal healing techniques we use, and described all the things I did to prepare for it, trying to quite my active mind and get very deeply relaxed. It sounds, I imagine, like I must have spent a great deal of time leading up to it, but I think the tea time was about 20 minutes or so, and the shamanic reiki process was another 20 minutes, including deep breathing, crystals, hypnotic induction, etc.

And I may not have needed as much time. But I trust the process more when I know I am very deeply relaxed!

The Journey

Remember the really clear blue water I was swimming in during my meditation the other day? Well, that’s how it started. So I just swam around for a while wondering if anything else would happen when suddenly, there was my son.

I asked him what he needed and he began to talk to me about spending time together and playing games and watching movies and other things we need to include in our family time. Suddenly, a big monster appeared, which I killed. One of my arms became a weapon and I knew what to do without having to stop and think.

Another one appeared, this one more shadowy, and I took care of him, too. Now I know at least one way to interpret who these monsters represent. But I believe that in journeys, just like in dreams, symbols can have more than one meaning.

After the second monster-like being was taken care of, I began to build a protective structure all around him. It seemed to happen in slow motion, one wall at a time. Then I made it big enough for both of us, then our whole family of four (my partner and stepdaughter weren’t there right then but I knew they would be soon).

Then, I thought of creating a door so we could let other friends and family in, and saw them coming in to be with us.

Then I saw us moving about in the world still surrounded by this protective covering. I saw my son in college, I saw my future home, I saw myself teaching at a retreat center, I saw my family swimming together and many other brief flashes of future.

Coming Back

And as usual, I just sort of knew when it was complete, and began the process of returning, which I have to do slowly or I get disoriented.

What was unique about this return is how empowered and energized I felt! And how safe. And hopeful about my family’s future.

Homework

You may not have much experience with shamanic journeys, but you could try your hand at creating your own guided meditation.

What kind of experience would you want to create?

Give it a try if you dare! :)

See you Monday!

Jeanine